For me, being in shape is a top priority right now. I am focusing on me this year and losing weight to be a happier and healthier me. Back in March, I joined a small gym where I live. I have went from 195ish to 180 in a few months. I hate how heavy I was and I was sad and disgusted with myself for letting me get to that point.
I wanted to share a few tips/pointers on how I am managing my weight loss and how I am losing weight.
1. Workout! I find going to the gym helps me the most. I try to workout 5 nights a week for at least an hour. I added weights into my routine and I have really seen a difference in myself and my body since March.
2. Eat healthier. I know this is a no-brainer but for some people, they do not realize how unhealthy certain foods really are. I do not eat fast food. If I go out to a restaurant, I get healthier options. I no longer snack on chips and candy. If I have a salad, I get the dressing on the side so its not drenched on my salad.
3. Get up and move. Stay active. I work a desk job and sitting down all day is not good for me. I have a Fitbit so that helps me some with moving around. Every hour it tells me to get up and walk at least 250 steps. I try to get in 10,000 steps a day so every bit of movement helps me. I walk to my car from work everyday which is a good 10-15 minute walk as well as cardio at the gym. If you are debating on getting a Fitbit, do it. It helps me stay motivated.
4. Indulge. I know that sounds backwards but for me, if I want ice cream or a snack, I let myself have it. I do not binge eat on it and I do not deprive myself. I find that the longer I deprive myself of a craving, the worst off I am when I finally eat that food. If I want a slice of cake, I will have a small slice. It is all about portion control.
5. Get your family/friends involved. I find that I do better when I have a friend or family member with me when I am working out and plus, everyone could use a little time to work on their selves as well.
6. Have FUN activities. I run 5ks and OCR races year round. For me, they are a blast. They are a way to be active, healthy and also..they are so much fun. I always run them with friends and it helps me stay motivated.
7. Set Goals! I set a goal a few weeks ago to hit 180 before the beach and I made it. My next goal is to be 170 before July 4th. This is a completely realistic goal and there is no reason why I shouldn't make it there. I find making goals for myself, helps keep me responsbile for my own actions.
8. Do not give up! If you have a bad day and eat wrong the entire day and do not workout, do not give up. Start over the next day. Do not let one bad day ruin your weight loss journey.
What are some things you are doing to stay active, healthy and work on a better you? Let me know!!