I am all about simple and easy recipes during the work week. This one is super easy and taste delicious! Chili is one of my favorite winter foods to eat.
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope (1 3/4 ounces) taco mix or chili mix. (I like taco so it is not as spicy)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 can (15 ounces) kidney beans or pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained (I don't use this because I don't like tomatoes)
Preparation:Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet. Cook ground beef and onions over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Stir in chili/taco seasoning mix, then add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with cornbread or crackers.
Easy Chili recipe serves 6-8.
It is super easy and super yummy. It also makes a good dip with tortillas chips as well and some people like it on hotdogs instead of buying that gross canned chili!