If you don't know me, or don't really read my blog that often, I live in Virginia and I am very close to so many things that others do not get to see or even do. I realized awhile back how much I taken advantage of things when I see them every day or saw it A TON as a kid. I need to take more time out and do my own touristy stuff where I live!
1. Washington D.C. -I literally live a hour and half from the place. I went as kid to the national zoo and some of the museums. I went in college to a few of the museums, Supreme Court and Senate. I have only been to D.C. twice now as an adult. 1 was to see the Zoo, the other was to run a 5k. I feel like I need to plan a trip there with Chris and just ride the metro in and have fun.
2. Richmond, VA. I am super close to this big ole city and there is so much that goes on there. I don't EVER go there unless its to the racetrack for Nascar. I avoid it because big cities scare me.
3. Williamsburg, VA. Williamsburg is such a historical town but it also has outlet shopping and some amazing restaurants to eat it. I went as a kid in school but never really got to check it out as an adult. We pass it every year going to the beach and every year we say "We should stop" but we never do.
4. Monticello and Montpelier. These are two homes from famous and former Presidents of the United States. I happen to live within 30 minutes of both. Have I been? One time as a child. Have I been back since? Nope!
5. Vineyards. Virginia is packed full of Vineyards. We have Trump Vineyards here along with a handful of others. I have one 5 minutes from my house. Do I ever go? Nope.
These are just a few things I have not done here and really need to do. What are some things you want to visit where you live?