I see a ton of tweets, status and blog updates where people are constantly updating on how their wedding planning is going. They post EVERY little detail of what is going on in the different stages of their wedding. I feel like I was the slacker bride that was like eh..lets get married and do shots.
Here I was a Slacker Bride.
1. I made all of my bridesmaids buy the dresses. #weddingonabudget
2. The only gift I got my bridesmaids was the shoes and earrings for them to wear. They were super cheap as well. Whoops.
3. We didn't exchange some gift before we got married. I really don't see the point in that. We are getting each other as a gift so why waste $ on a gift to my soon to be husband when I can spend on my honeymoon?
4. I forgot to provide fans/shade for everyone. We got married outside in the spring time. I didn't think about the sun and it was HOT for once. A few people got sun burnt. #mybad
5. I didn't research our honeymoon enough. I have never left the country before and wanted to go to a Sandals resort. FYI they are not what they seem on TV. Atleast in Jamaica. Never will I go back.
6. I kicked my own sister out my wedding....no time for that.
7. My niece cried on my wedding day so I replaced her with a friends kid....seriously...no time for anything.
8. Picture time? Right....I married a country guy who hates pictures. We got maybe 3 together besides the ceremony and that is it.
9. Speaking of pictures, do you think we took engagement pictures? PSH.
10. Did we post our wedding announcement in the paper for the world to see? Nope.
Honestly though I loved my wedding and I would not change a thing about it. It was perfect and it was our special day. I didn't have pinterest when I got married, there was no cute staged photos...it was just me, my husband, family and friends!
Was anyone else a slacker/diva during their wedding?