I made scalloped potatoes the other night for dinner and I find that this recipe is super easy and it taste so much better than the ones in the box. Here is what is what you need:
4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
1. In small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
2. Let sit for a minute.
3. Add all of the cold ilk, stirring with a whisk.
4. Season with salt and cayenne.
5. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
6. Reduce heath and stir in cheese,
7. Place a half of the slice potatoes in a lightly grease one quart casserole dish.
8. Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
9. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
11. Top with some paprika for color.
12. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
I add broccoli and ham to mine before I bake it to add something more to the dish!